Sunday, August 10, 2008

ABORTION

My family is hardcore liberal, and they refused to hear me out on Ron Paul due to the abortion issue.

If we vote up and down on the abortion issue only, then are we really any better than the snake-handling, bible thumping, weirdo Christians who do the same exact thing?

I chose to beg my BM's to have my kid. I don't presume to tell some woman I don't know whether or not to have hers. Personally, I think the wealthy tend to be against abortion not because of any alleged moral standpoint, but because a lot of poor people have abortions, so aborting that baby means one less potential future minimum wage employee at the McDonald's that they own.

Don't get it twisted, I am pro-choice, in the sense that I don't feel we have the right to legislate OTHER people what they can/cannot do to their body. Once you cross that line, its microchips in your arm, homie. Why do you care if some person you dont know goes to hell or not? (If that is in fact what happens.)

But that doesnt change the fact that  vacuuming the head off a fetus is completely appalling. Thats why I'd personally opt against abortion.

HOWEVER- Its not within my (or your) rights to impose your/my/our/their personal beliefs upon someone else. Also, my definition of INDIVIDUAL might not be the same as yours. If the fetus is symbiotic, i.e; can't survive independent of you, then is it REALLY an INDIVIDUAL?


No comments: